Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Little House in the Prairie

One night as I lie in bed, my mind begins to wander me off to a place where fantasies are made. I close my eyes...a faint sound of a cool breeze is gushing through my ears. As it gets louder and closer, I feel a chill down my spine transporting me to a new dimension where senses come together...Eyes shut, I see bright white light flashing and I feel being lifted up, floating in thin air. Then I feel that I am falling, physically feeling the pain as I dropped down on the ground. I open my eyes. In front of me, an iron gate is leading me in. I look further, I see a little house. It looks very inviting, like those in the fairytale books. I wonder. After all, this is my adventure.

I enter the gate, following the dark path with lavish greenery and fragrant flowers that glows in the dark. I look up, the moon is round and full of power, that I feel its vibrations through the hairs on my skin, flowing around my whole body.


I reach out to touch the fresh hanging leaf. A tingle. A drop of water falls down the leaf, falling to my finger. I taste the water, so sweet...so fresh...the midnight dew...


The flowers, so tempting, I reach out to touch it. To feel its softness and smell its fragrance. I wander around. The rose bushes, the violet and orange flowers, the vines crawling around the trees and the plants that have grown high above me...A night filled with magnificent flora and fauna of small bugs and crickets and the other nocturnal creatures that lurks around...





Then I come across this huge yellow flower that is lying so luminously on the ground. I pick it up, smell it and put it behind my ear. It is big and yellow, almost covering my face. The garden at night, is as beautiful as the day. With psychedelic colors ranging from color to color, that lures my eyes and sends me to a deep trance. I dance. I dance in the sweet fresh rainy night with the moon so high above shining down on me. It is so peaceful.


The coldness within, is bringing me deeper into the night. Walking towards the house, I hear the chimes ringing closer and closer as I enter into the darkness. I see more hanging vines, with blue flowers and lush green leaves.



As I come closer to the door, I could see through the window. A picture hanging on the wall is shining. I come closer, peeking right through the window, the picture is of a fairy sitting on a tree in a bright moonlight night. I see and I wonder of fairies in my dreams. Wait, is this the house in my dream? I turned around to the garden, to the path that led me to this door. They all look familiar now. I have seen them before.

It suddenly hit me. I am in her garden. I am breaking its peace for I have let myself in. The gate is open. It does not have any "NO ENTRY" sign. I start to wonder, should I open the door that is standing in front of me? I am interested to find out what is inside the house. Have I not shown myself enough? But yet, I think, I am here for a reason. As I reach out my hand to touch the handle, I feel a cold gush run through my hand up to my shoulders. I touch it. It is as cold as frozen ice. I let go and turn away. Walking back towards the path...

As I walk back, not looking behind me, I feel that I am not alone anymore...I close my eyes...a faint sound of a cool breeze is gushing through my ears. As it gets louder and closer, I feel a chill down my spine transporting me to a new dimension where senses come together...Eyes shut, I see bright white light flashing and I feel being lifted up, floating in thin air. Then I feel that I am falling, physically feeling the pain as I dropped down on the ground. I open my eyes...and I am back...

1 comment: